Thread: Licensed + Crunchyroll Maoyuu Maou Yuusha
View Single Post
Old 2013-01-11, 21:32   Link #734
kagato3

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickadams View Post
The book the Demon Queen puts down in ep 2 had lots of random text related to what she was teaching, including two words with an X in them, so my alphabet chart has everything but Z now.

Is this same substitution cipher in the manga too, or was this developed for the anime?

Also, the text on the maps is all readable, with terms such as
Spoiler:

Are those familiar terms from the manga?

I don't think the cipher has come up in the manga, but then I'm only reading 1 of the 3 adaptions of the main story and the 4 koma gag strip (and the mage girl's side story if it ever gets translated)

3 or 4 of them have come up as importent places and I think the others are mentiond.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hakuromatsu View Post
I was joking, because whatever you call them, they're no longer serfs by the strict definition of serfdom. But that being said, as of episode 2 (I know nothing of the novel or manga), you could argue that it is a form of voluntary servitude.

I do like stories that are able to put both sides of a coin in a positive light.
While it is a voluntary servitude (and this point is even made in some addaptions), a maid is not a serf because they can quit. Something a lot of fiction forgets is being a servent is not the same as being a slave and lording over the help is a very bad idea in real life.
Higurashi: Its a bit like watching a trainwreck, except you keep getting to see different trains wrecking with roughly the same passengers, into a variety of different objects. Also, the trains are driven by monkeys. On LSD.
kagato3 is offline   Reply With Quote