View Single Post
Old 2007-11-24, 04:32   Link #114
Timeless Enigma
Tsushima Masaki

Finally a change!

Not the best in execution, but this was my answer to all of those anime with weak, inane, sap-filled, or otherwise unsatisfying endings. I've seen far too many shows, harem or otherwise that paint the "happily ever after" picture or they hit the world with a reset (I'm looking at a certain Sunrise franchise). This show went where most other harem shows have never gone before. I hope to see more dark harem, hell, dark drama shows. They don't even need a guro ending, just... something darker. I was looking for a sort of Pyrrhic victory ending in that Sunrise show, instead, a cop out (I'm sure you know what I'm referring to).

I actually had the ending of the anime spoiled before I even started watching it, but I was already aware of the (in)famous endings from the game. I think knowing that it would trainwreck in the end made me like the show even more, it really heightened my anticipation. Every episode, whenever Makoto screwed up or when the shit started hitting the fan, I became excited. I think watching it a single sitting like I did made the experience even better.

I don't think Makoto is much of an exaggeration of a lustful teenager. Sure he's exceedingly stupid, but he very well represents a hormone-driven, carnal-minded teenager. I know most of you have seen guys who act like this in real life. I actually liked Makoto, without him it would be harder to cook up the drama. He got his in the end, but I really did pity him, even if almost everything was his own damn fault.

The ending... so much tension. It was over the top, it was satisfying, it was also very hilarious.

I can't really give this a solid numeric rating (I feel those are pretty arbitrary anyway). I'll just say that it was a fun ride. The end was bumpy, but it still good.

At least you can say there was a moral to this story: Don't fuck around.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malintex_Terek
Clannad? I liked it better when it was called Kanon.
Took the words right out of my mouth.