View Single Post
Old 2012-07-18, 18:25   Link #3632
Micchi
兄さんが望むなら...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mahou View Post
Personal conclusion: Hatsukoi 1/1 could have been an amazing sugary-sweet VN if not for the dragged-out drama's in 3 from 5 routes AND those dramas were at times painful to read (= provoked the "wrong" emotions). The rabu-rabu moments in Midori and Yukino's route were great, but the drama afterwards destroyed this mood with a giant hammer (might be extremely forumlated by me).
Furthermore Yuuma's character was somewhat inconsistent because he was much, much better during Maya's and Kyou's routes in terms of usefulness. In exchange the rabu-rabu outside of h-scenes were in those two routes a bit "toned down" IMHO where Maya's moments were I think more frequent than Kyou's.

To move on: In my search for new food I have had to go back to either VNs I put back or I already played, but am willing to replay. I'm trying yuzusoft's Bra-Ban (<3 Sumi + her route has been quite sad. Made you wish you could b!tchslap those annoying bully-girls out of town). Given the launched KoiChoco anime, which I haven't watched yet, I might replay the VN as well on top of D.C III
I pretty much agree with your comments on Hatsukoi 1/1. Runa's route was a disaster and personally, I thought Maya's was a bit frustrating too due to the repeated theme. Judging by the credit roll, were Midori, Yukino and Kyou's written by the same writer, since there's 3 writers in the credits? Maybe Runa just got stuck with the awful writer, who knows. Yuuma's character was extremely inconsistent. Maybe that's why I liked the routes where he was somewhat useful more. Overall, some good parts, but a lot of unneeded drama (or at least badly presented).

Bra-ban's simplistic, but I like it a lot. Ebi is still one of my fav chars <3 I'd gladly help you out with beating up those bully girls. Can't say I particularly liked Koichoco, but art was nice. Also, there's a Koichoco-related all-ages game (Imaimo) coming out in November. There's a 14-year old Chisato and Satsuki!