View Single Post
Old 2008-01-21, 19:40   Link #1057
Ledgem
Love Yourself

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoSanninWa View Post
I've got a question! If google knows almost everything, then why don't people just use google for their random informational needs before asking here? I did try googling for that information, but it couldn't tell me.

Edit: Never mind. I rephrased my search terms and google provided an answer. It seems that google really does know everything after all.
I know the question was somewhat sarcastic, but there are two reasons. One is listed on the page you linked to, stating that people prefer the "human touch." The other reason was noted by a professor teaching some computer science class. He noted that the younger generations have the most information available to them and some of the best skills to sort through it, but they show incredibly low patience when trying to find the information they need/are looking for. Even though it may take more time for a response to be given, it is certainly easier for a person to fire off a question and have someone else get them the answer - either because they know it or because they've gone through the effort (no matter how little) of wading through the information and finding the best result.