View Single Post
Old 2010-01-02, 19:04   Link #704
kamyu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Submerged View Post
It contradicts "turning your back" on something if you're still going to do it every now and then, and what sense would it make for isshin to be a shinigami every 20 years or so?
exactly the same sense it made this last time. he used his powers for his own reasons (to protect his family) rather than what soul society told him to do. it doesn't contradict anything.

Quote:
if Rukia and others didn't know of Urahara's past in SS, Ikkaku wouldn't have made the face he made when he heard Ichigo say his name. Everyone knows who/what Urahara was.
ikkaku obviously knew, but rukia certainly didn't seem to. she hasn't been around quite as long and is lower ranked so of course she might not know as much.

Quote:
You went from talking about the captain he killed to the reason why he is called Kenpachi. Those were two different fights. I don't know if he killed someone to become "Kenpachi", but he did kill a captain to become captain.
i already know who i was talking about, do you know who you were talking about? ><

me: "..if he was the unnamed kenpachi captain from 100 years ago.."

you: "it's been said over and over that the captain kenpachi fought is dead. So that's out the window.lol"

me: "except we don't know who was kenpachi before zaraki or during the period 100 years ago."

you: "Wait, I thought we were talking about the captain? LOL I didn't know Zaraki actually killed someone or not for that title."

me: "err, then who were you talking about?
zaraki is the one who is reported to have killed his predecessor. the unnamed captain from 100 years ago was only reported to have defeated his predecessor."

Quote:
If he's RG, "they" who? RG and Gotei 13 function on 2 different levels. We don't know if they know who all is RG or vice versca. I doubt they even care. However, that would still leave the question of how Isshin knows the things he knows.
by they i meant soul society, or more specifically the gotei 13. like you said (and like i meant) the gotei 13 likely isn't in the know about what goes on with the royal guard. which means that if anyone (isshin) were to go missing from the royal guard then they wouldn't have any obligation to inform the gotei 13. on the other side however, the royal guard would be obligated to keep at least a cursory watch over the gotei 13 for potential threats and the whole urahara/aizen situation should definitely have been of note.