Thread: News Stories
View Single Post
Old 2010-02-26, 13:20   Link #6287
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoko Takeo View Post
He owns the largest broadcasting company in Italy called Mediaset which comprises of three of the six most viewed channels: Rete4, Canale5 and Italia1. He made his way to power through media, propaganda and smart use of advertising. This is why I hate the media. People use this tool for their own gain.
Not if you are the thinking one. If you can spot the flaws broadcasted by the media and turn it against them (but not totally, just correcting them here and there, but still agree with them to avoid trouble for the start), that amount of credibility earned is really strong. Once you have enough people on your side, topple them.

I credit my scores in current affairs essays to that tactic. And I believe successful revolutionaries credit their success to that tactic too. But there will be a new problem : Are you righter than them, or are you wrong too?

The only right thing about politics is to create a win-win situation for all, but personal enmity and grudge-bearing often get the better of politicians, and result in their descent into the tyrants they once overthrow. Take a look at the Bolshevik Revolution and how Stalin betrayed Trotsky - when one holds too much power, he/she fears it will be taken from him, which then turns things personal. It is the fear that makes the politicians untrustworthy and withdraws them from the society they want to serve, otherwise, they are mentally more productive as their peers as their ability to climb to that position is a tenement of their capabilities.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.