View Single Post
Old 2010-09-18, 13:29   Link #2803
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeoTwister5 View Post
1. Well I'm not too sure of how it is you guys talk to each other but here, sarcasm is best reserved for dense people. That said I think the prudent speaker knows that sarcasm has its place and time of use, and clearly not everyone deserves such a manner of speech. As such, nothing of the original exchange in question warranted such sarcasm.
The sarcasm is a byproduct of that way of presenting something, not the main product. The sentence and content structure is concise and straight-to-the-point.

The straight-to-the-point part is the one that is often viewed as sarcastic - short and sharp. If the content emphasises on small details, it would be like shooting the person with an automatic needlegun - it stings to the point of irritating.

People prefer to see it coming with the big details. Though it beats me why, a brick in the face hurts more than a set of needles, and yet people still prefer the brick.

BDSM fetishism perhaps?

Quote:
4. Pride... bleh. Pride is often blinding. I prefer to learn how to throw away my pride, even temporarily, because there are things in life that Pride just gets in the way of
Pride is not synonymous with ego. Pride is confidence from a personal belief. Ego is an oversized dried mango (pun unintended) that serves to belittle others to make oneself feel better.

I think you mean ego. If you throw away your pride, you wouldn't have a passion, nor an aim in life, nor have anything to keep you from living life to its best.

Quote:
A very Aristotelian view I suppose, which makes me want to point out how such views again share a lot in common with Jesus and Buddha.
I call it the "rainbow-unicorn" view. Super-idealism.

A pragmatic version would be to shift left and right as the tides turn, but maintaining balance at all times. People would call it two-headed snake, but I say if the snake has compassion for everyone, it's fine. At least it is better than being a total carebear or big brown carnivore.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote