View Single Post
Old 2010-09-18, 16:32   Link #2808
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by monstert View Post
Believing in God is a matter of acknowledging his existence, status, and work.

If you once believed that God created the universe, the fact that you no longer believe doesn't necessarily mean you think the universe no longer exists.
Well, yes. But we're talking about something more intangible than the universe.

Quote:
But if a person becomes a raving psycopath after having his/her faith shaken, I'd say the problem lies with the person, not in his/her original faith in God.
Indeed. There is something wrong about those people, and their faith is actually a mitigating factor. Whether God exists or not, it at least gives them a reason not to be complete psychos.

Quote:
It should not be used as a mark against people who do believe that God is the sole rightful judge of what is good and what is evil, for example.
Let me clarify the kind of persons I was talking about. I was talking about people who think that unbelievers have no morals whatsoever. Why? Because the only good and right thing is to believe in (their version of) God and follow his teachings. Therefore, no God, no morals.

And, really, what kind of person do you have to be to have such a worldview? And what happens when you lose your faith, which, by your own admission, is the only reason you aren't eating babies?
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote