View Single Post
Old 2011-12-10, 01:53   Link #43
Setsuryuu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
I agree with you here. Use of the diary would hardly be something out of left field, and should take nobody by surprise. To me, a true deus ex machina ending is one that comes entirely out of left field.

In fact, there was a recent and prominent anime that had an ending driven by the use of a well-established self-sacrificial magical means of sorts (Kazu-kun probably knows what I'm referring to here ). Ringo and/or Shouma trying to set things right through the use of Momoka's Diary would be very comparable to that, imo. Mawaru Penguin Drum could certainly have worse company in that regard.

Right now, I can see two likely but different directions for Ikuhara to go in with this story (there no doubt are other possible directions, but I myself don't personally see them). Those two different directions are:

1. Ringo and/or Shouma use Momoka's diary to try to set things right. If this happens, anything and everything is possible.

2. The diary is never used. Perhaps Sanetoshi succeeds in having half of it destroyed, but for whatever reason, the diary is never used. Himari dies and stays dead this time. Kanba ultimately gets killed and/or captured by the police. If Kanba survives, we'll likely see Kanba and Shouma making up. In any event, Shouma and Ringo start a new family together (this would satisfy shippers while also tying back into Ikuhara's family focus). A very bittersweet ending.
Perhaps I'm remembering things wrong but...

The diary isn't the Penguindrum right? The Bride of Fate/Empress Penguin/You name it said that the diary just leads them to it. And is the Penguindrum who saves Himari... So that needs yet to be revealed.

The diary DOES poses threat to Sanetoshi. He wanted Masako to burn her half, she did not and probably they will use it to hinder whatever Sanetoshi plan was in the end (that plan that Momoka avoided and he was trying to use Kanba to continue? yes, that one).

And if Shouma end up Sanetoshi's son who got send by mail to the Takakura in the next episode I'm not surprised. xD

Anyway, Himari can't be dying/reviving so long! If she died again now (I don't think so since her Penguim did not completely disappeared, it only became transparent) so leave her dead with the brother's clashing against each other or whatever. If she didn't then make her survive until the end.

And man, I should totally know the stabber was the androginous.