View Single Post
Old 2013-02-03, 07:24   Link #50
GoldenLand
Eaten by goats

A good ep! But confusing in some ways.

That scene with Maria was odd! It was either showing her loyalty shifting away from Saki and a potential choice to work for the Queerats, or being used by the story to place the focus on children and that there could be a child of Maria and Mamoru in Yakomaru's clutches. Probably the latter. The way they had her saying all that was just so strange. I didn't understand the purpose/context of the words being shown a few times in this ep.

The bone investigation, though...It's easy to assume it's legit and that those two really are dead. Would be interesting if Yakomaru had been thinking while talking to Satoru and Saki and saying he could arrange fake bones that he would simply give the village the real bones. He said it could take some time, and the anime hasn't told us when Yakomaru delivered the bones to them. Maybe he was just waiting until those two had a kid before killing them

But it's still possible that the bones are fakes. The Queerats might have some technology which could fake the bones (although I'd guess this is unlikely) or extract some bones while leaving one or both of the pair alive, perhaps giving them prosthetics. There's also a chance that Mamoru's art skill might extend as far as to faking bones or creating prosthetics. He's probably got a good grasp of anatomy, perspective, and copying. Although to deal with things on the level of DNA and such...there isn't any proof of him being able to handle anything so complicated.

Or, given what Yakomaru is like, it's quite possible that Creb above is right and that he's extracted the bones he needs from them and is keeping a helpless Maria and Mamoru for breeding purposes.

If Maria really doesn't show up again, the ending song is going to be really, really misleading. It will be a real let down if she doesn't get more of a role and many of her appearances in the last eps were solely for padding and yuri bait. (Much as I like yuri, it's not so great if the last we see of Maria is filler with no substance.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirarakim View Post
I actually expect something bad to happen to Tomiko after that line. It is almost like she spelled out her doom to me.
Yes, I do have the feeling she's going to come to a sticky end sooner or later. Lady clearly has a vengeful streak. She would need to be a hard person, to do many of the things she's felt she's had to do while in her leadership position. She's not someone who's faltered when it comes to running a system where innocent kids are regularly murdered by people they thought they could trust.

If she gets killed later for choosing to torture Yakomaru and drag things out rather than just kill him quickly, it'll be ironic.