View Single Post
Old 2010-02-20, 19:46   Link #340
MakubeX2
うるとらぺど

Quote:
Originally Posted by brightman View Post
The novel is 500 pages of text instead of 60 minutes, so naturally it'll have "superior material". But still, a large part of what's so great about this so far is the production values and the visuals. Its tough to translate those into words.
Just trying to get across what the anime-only watchers are missing. I don't mind them condensing events, but it's really a disappointment for find me to find the very unusual combat sequence between the Loto and the Kshatriya/Funnels involving real world physic being cut out.

Quote:
It does look like they are trying to keep this more appropriate for general audiences so far. Nothing wrong with that, but indeed, how they show Marida's past (if they would do it at all) will be interesting.
The way I see it, it's because Bandai/Sunrise is aiming for a international release, so they had to cut down on all unnecessary gore, sex and drug reference since censorship law differs from nation to nation

You can clearly see that there's a lack of blood during the shootup scenes when normally blood, no matter how little will splutter out during bullet impact.

PS :- Upon watching the entire episode, I find the character designs for the main cast seems to be to young for their supposed age. They looked more like 13-14 years of age when they are suppose to be around 16. Yasuhiko's original lineart hit the jackpot.
MakubeX2 is offline   Reply With Quote