View Single Post
Old 2008-09-28, 12:32   Link #990
ApostleOfGod
^.^

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freya View Post
Well obviously C.C. won't give Geass anymore. She no longer wants to fullfill her contract.

But I have to disagree with you. While I believe the dude driving the cart is Lelouch, you still can't say 100% it's him. They made the ending TOO open-ended.

Plus Ohgi lived, no C.C.'s real name, Nunnally didn't die, and just the fact we have such a big open ended ending= failure.
Yeah she don't want to die.

What do you disagree with me about then? You're not even sure about whether he's dead or alive. I'm convinced that he's done. And if the cart driver is really him, then I guess it kind of reminds me of Elfen Lied's ending, when there's someone at the door at the end. Of course, we think the Diclonus Lucy is done, but there's not a 100% certainty. But that's essentially what it's supposed to do. Keeps us guessing and thinking - go "over the top", beyond the end. His being alive or death is regardless. He achieved his meaning and everything. That's proper. That's how it should end. I'd rather have something so trivial like that nd look back to it and say, "Hmm.. Speaking of which.. Was that guy on the carriage / wagon Lelouch with C.C.? Meh, whatever.. " That's perfect. Besides, I don't really care for that, I mean the driving being Lulu didn't even cross my mind - remember how C.C. could talk to Marianne as she was "dead"? Although she wasn't really dead, it was portrayed that way. C.C. can speak to Lulu that way either way, so it doesn't bother me. It would have been a nice bonus, but all that matters is C.C. wins in the end.

As for C.C.'s name and Nunnally or Ohgi being alive, well that's just how it is. C.C.'s real name doesn't bother me - maybe it really is C.C.. V.V. was V.V. afterall . Besides, Nunnally and Ohgi didn't have to die. Their "play dead" features were enough to divert the plot course the way it ended up being. I still can't see how you'd work up their death within the last 3 episodes. Maybe Ohgi, when the ship dropped, but that'd have been a garbage ending for such a vital character.

So vague ending? Once again, I can see that it's all been predicted and everything, but from all the plot twists in R2, this is the way it should have ended. We had enough controversy in CG so far. The new R2 script did well in continuing the legacy. Enough questions been answered. Collect pieces, and we can figure out the probability of what happens onward, if things have really not been answered.

Diedrupo: Suzaku was loyal to Lelouch too. They had something to accomplish. They go back to a history of friendship. Of course, their relationship of the time was very bad, but they teamed up in the end. I didn't see Jeremiah crying when Lulu got killed. Besides, Orange-kun demonstrated full loyalty. He clearly understood what needed to be done. There's obviously reasons for both sides, but I don't think there was much I could do to resist Lulu's planned method of recreating the world - I'd probably agree with it.

Man, this is Passion of Christ and The Dark Knight together. Damn. Lol

One is to live life as if nothing is a miracle.

The other way is to live life as though everything is a miracle.
ApostleOfGod is offline   Reply With Quote