View Single Post
Old 2011-08-27, 02:19   Link #81
0utf0xZer0
Pretentious moe scholar

@Totoum: got a link to the interview? For some reason I'm always curious as to what the working relationship between Okada and Yamakan was like, given that, you know, Jiromaru totally looks like Yamakan.

Anyway, I'm not sure either creator can really claim the high ground. Mari Okada did series composition for a Kodomo no Jikan adaptation, Yamakan storyboarded an episode of Chu-bra. Although at least Okada can claim KnJ was before she became a big name.
\
Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
How many of those are adaptations (where Okada is simply handling adaptation work) and how many of those are anime originals (where Okada is basically writing a story of her own creation, and not merely helping to adapt another author's story for the anime medium)? I think that Okada's work on anime originals is much more telling here, as these are her creations, story-wise.
I've heard Canaan described as both an anime original and as an adaptation of a side story from the visual novel 428 written by Type-Moon's Nasu Kinoko. My guess is that it perhaps expands upon the original scenario - no idea if the characters who provide most of the service (Hako and the trigger happy yandere girl come to mind) are in the original or not

For reference, Canaan has the same Ando-Okada director/writer combo as Hanasaku Iroha.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
By the way, Jiromaru's character is a big part of the reason why I question the frequent use of fanservice in this anime. Simply put, if this anime had less fanservice, we'd probably have less Jiromaru too. The two often go hand-in-hand in this anime.
On the plus side, the picture of him used to promote Hana-saku Iroha body pillows is utterly hilarious:
http://www.1999.co.jp/eng/image/10158866a2/20/2

Signature courtesy of Ganbaru.