Old 2011-12-30, 20:56   Link #424
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Wow, it's like every other show just got screwed real hard in the ass

And considering past records, I'd say Shana got the worst of it
Shana III doing that poorly is pretty sad to me as well. Seasons 1 and 2 each brought in around 9 K or so DVD sales on average, IIRC, which is not a huge hit but solidly profitable. So for Shana III to be cut more than half from that sales level is sad to see. It strongly suggests that fans (or at least customers) have been lost over time for Shana.

Tamayura ~Hitotose~ doing over 4K in BDs is actually a bit of a pleasant surprise to me. This was not a heavily hyped anime at all, so to see it finish ahead of a lot of the more widely talked about Fall 2011 shows is pretty impressive. Plus, ~Hitotose~ didn't strike me as being a particularly high budget production, so TVO Animations might have actually turned a slight profit on 4.1 K BD sales.

Biggest disappointment is Chihayafuru not even ranking in either format. That's very sad.

I agree with Kirarakim on Penguin Drum. It's holding up pretty good given that competition is quite fierce right now. While I was initially very disappointed in Penguin Drum's sales due to some of the stratospheric sales speculations I once read for the show, I'm now pretty comfortable with it doing between 4 and 5 K. As with Tamayura ~Hitotose~, at least that's around the Manabi Line, IIRC.