View Single Post
Old 2012-05-13, 14:15   Link #81
sergel02

Quote:
Originally Posted by miroku2192 View Post
I mean we're just arguing what if's at this point, but honestly, if you were baby lucy, wouldn't you always remember that mysterious girl with that pink fairy tail tattoo on her right hand? This isn't a memory that you just forget, it's something you think about and think about until you get old enough to finally be able to join Fairy Tail. Not to mention, why didn't Lucy even bother to look for the mysterious girl with the pink fairy tail tattoo once she got into FT?

All I'm saying is the reason you have this problem is because this was all an afterthought by the author, it wasn't incorporated into the beginning. As a result, this scene seems a bit ridiculous to me, or hard to believe that this was one of the deciding factors for Lucy to join the guild. If the author had originally planned to have a time-travel back experience, then the author would've included scenes in the beginning of the series hinting towards Lucy's reason for joining FT in the beginning --> I.e. - to find that mysterious "onee-san" who saved her/ the girl with the pink fairy tail tattoo on her right hand, etc. And then when we finally got this OVA, it would all make more sense and be more believable.
The first part is circumstantial. We can't assume that she would remember something, or anyone for that matter. Memories aren't nearly that concrete, even when they become crystallized. She saw the hand and guild seal for a quick second, enough to recognize the symbol. That's about it. With how the mind of how someone her age works, she may end up pushing the memory of the girl out and what was encoded, stored, and actually able to be retrieved was the guild mark.

We all are kinda like that. We decide we want to do a job when we're younger or career, but we can't remember why, just that we always wanted to. Could be the same for Lucy. Also, i don't it was ever stated that this was the deciding factor. It could be what got her interested. Another point, she may not even wanted to find the girl when she joined Fairy Tail, or even remembered her. Lucy is 17-18 in the show, but in the OVA she is around 11. It's not unlikely that she might not remember the girl, or even how she got interested into Fairy Tail.

I dunno, given her age, the event, and how memory functions, it seems plausible to me. Well, as plausible as you can get with time travel
sergel02 is offline   Reply With Quote