View Single Post
Old 2009-06-09, 12:18   Link #1244
Mentar
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Used Can View Post
Honestly, leaving biases aside, Ayumu is the girl who has made the most progress amongst all of them. Maria remains wishy-washy and indecisive, Hinagiku remains tsundere, Nagi's development keeps going down the father & daughter road, Isumi technically gave up, Izumi hasn't had almost any development so far, and all Athena currently has is a flashback (a strong one, but still). Ayumu is leagues ahead of any of them.
Hmm, please don't kill me, but I don't think so. Ayumu has grown alot as a person, and she's the one who most genuinely and openly expresses her feelings. However, I don't see that she has made any progress with Hayate himself. He blushes (like at Valentine's day), but that's it. The setup never changes or develops. Ayumu pursues him, and Hayate is flattered, but unsure and noncommital. The "progress" is only in that she went the farthest with her kiss, but the underlying setup STILL didn't change. I'd call that stagnation rather than progress. And sorry, I don't see real material for storyline development anymore. If he still isn't ready to seriously consider Ayumu, I doubt that he ever will.

Compared to that, Maria and Nagi have much more potential background story to go round. Athena has the disadvantage of being a VERY late entry, but she probably will make a bigger impact when she reappears. Isumi, Izumi et al are out of contention.

The character with the most development has been Hina, because here, their opinions of each other have changed most drastically, in multiple directions. And we have a simple matter of impact here: Now that Ayumu not only renewed her confession going extra far with a kiss, _nothing really changed_. When/if Hina confesses, I believe that the story will have started the end run.
Mentar is offline   Reply With Quote