View Single Post
Old 2009-05-13, 21:21   Link #80
marvelB

It actually kinda makes sense that the ID staff isn't full of powerhouses. The real danger of the prison comes from the various "hells" themselves. I mean seriously, just level 1 alone is pretty crazy..... a forest full of bladed trees, needlelike grass, and poisonous spiders? It's really no wonder the place is widely feared. Yeah, strong guys like Luffy and Crocodile can take the punshment with no problem, but we also have to remember that they're the minority..... we already saw in past chapters how several other prisoners had broken spirits and whatnot......

....And back to the staff, I'm not going to belittle them because they were simply outclassed. The guardian beasts themselves definitely weren't pushovers..... once again, I point out all the effort it took just to KO the minotaur alone. But when you've got a Logia and a merman karate master on your side...... well, the poor animals had no chance. In other words, I'd say that the ID staff's downfall boils down to them simply being unprepared. I mean, Luffy was the first intruder the prison's ever had, and they didn't exactly factor in several of their prisoners living in a secret tranny hideout. There was simply so much confusion that they couldn't handle the situation on their own. If they were aware of Luffy's arrival from the get-go, they would have found it expedient to receive extra help from the marines (maybe station a few VAs in the prison or something, y'know?). But as things currently stand, Magellan and Shiryuu are pretty much the only ones capable of stopping Luffy's group now (I'm not counting Blackbeard's crew.... yet).