View Single Post
Old 2011-01-02, 12:57   Link #103
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Seitokai no Ichizon was galaxies ahead of Yakuindomo in terms of subtlety, plotting and character development - for me, Yakuindomo was a mediocre echo of Ichizon. Just goes to show how personal tastes vary when it comes to comedy especially.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dextro View Post
Give it some time, it'll come around. Apparently there's not much source material to get a full second season in unless they go and rehash all that was skipped over in the first one and even then it would be a bit of a stretch.

Just give it some time, with those sales it's quite possible there will be eventually.
I don't think that's right. There are already 11 volumes on the manga, and the adaptation skipped over enormous chunks of the volumes it did cover. If they wanted to do one, they have enough material.

I don't quite buy the notion that it's too soon either, as there have been many examples to the contrary. Of course it could just be a matter of sucking a little more life out of the S1 DVD/BD sales, but at 15+ plus per volume, most studios would already kill for those numbers. I still think a second season is an inevitability but I'd love to see it happen in 2011.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote