Thread: Licensed The Breaker
View Single Post
Old 2012-05-19, 20:24   Link #2094
frubam
simp for Lyria

Send a message via AIM to frubam
I think that things have been kinda boring for a while now. Shioon's fight with Mr. Cool wasn't really that impressive to me honestly. The only interesting things that has happen in this series is (a)Elder Kwon kickin' some ass, (b) Sera educating Shioon, and (c) Jinie getting closer to Shioon. That's about it. Everything else isn't really special in my opinion. Note that the only fight that has been worthy to be interesting to me is Elder Kwon's fights.

When you compare his progress in the original to how much he's progressed in NW(not considering his downgrade), considering the chapter count(i.e. 72 chps of TB, & 72 chps of NW), he's developed FAR less in this new series than the old one. Even if I don't consider his emo suicide days, he's still done more than the whole 72 chaps of NW, esp if you refer to fighting. It was exhilarating seeing him fight Hyun so Chin, knowing he had no chance of success, but still fought with all he had; him escaping capture from the Alliance members for a whole day and, completely spent, fought against the Alliance's strongest member, Kangsung; a beach chapter(well, a couple of pages); Shiho(though Sera is close as we can get right now); him finally decking the bully after all the torment he's put Shioon through(and specifically after his badass warning to him about messing with Saehee); and the list goes on. This new series just hasn't lived up to the greatness of its predecessor.

Will it get better? I believe it will. Perhaps it was the author's intention to make this half of the series longer, less 'run&gun', and more fleshed out. Maybe when Part 2 is done, from an overall perspective, it will be as good as the original. But right now, NW is considerably behind TB in every way possible.

frubam is offline   Reply With Quote