View Single Post
Old 2012-07-15, 11:48   Link #293
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin Sama View Post
How is she so much quicker on the attack than others? Is it because of her stats? Builds? Class? Her own instincts?
Natural ability, and the fact that her weapon's a speed type (a rapier). Plus, that's what she's trained.

Quote:
If so how? What made her choose to party up with Kirito? What made Kirito take such a shining to her and decide to party up with her? The episode doesn't do much to address any of these nagging questions, but I hope to have at least some of them explained to me later.
In the novel, they'd met before, but it wasn't that important. Really, they only partied together because they were the leftovers. There's a limit on the number of parties who can enter a boss room, but I don't remember if it mattered there. (And a 6-man limit on the number of players in a party.)

Quote:
The boss fight definitely felt like the standard MMORPG boss fight tends to go albeit far less grindy. The twist that the Kobold boss has been buffed since the beta version complicates things by killing that Diabel guy. What a waste of a great voice actor in Nobuyuki Hiyama and what sad music for a guy we barely knew. Oh well as expected Kirito and Asuna team up to beat the boss who seems to be able to break the chain of attack at random (am I thinking about this too hard in the context of MMO fighting mechanics?),
It wasn't quite like that in the story. It was every bit as grindy as you'd expect, and Kirito outed himself by showing knowledge of the attack patterns, which weren't really breakable. You just had to know when to pull back and stuff.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote