Thread: FMA Dub
View Single Post
Old 2004-11-09, 09:26   Link #73
pathyfinder
Terabyte needs anime!

Voice Acting is just that ACTING using your voice.

That being said, the actor has the responsibility to make the viewers FEEL emotions. I for one actually feel that I'm sharing the joy, pain, and confussion of the *animated* characters. That is what makes the show great. IF the voice actors fail to do that, regardless of what language they are using....they fail in acting. This is what measures a good dub to bad one. There is a lot of PASSION in FMA and that PASSION is so important.

One doesn't need to be all knowing in a certain culture to know while listening to a good or bad voice actor. Just how many people still enjoy operas or listening to music in another language than their own, and enjoy it? Perhaps Millions!!!

If AL is going to continue with the IMO monotone voice, it will be very difficult for any one to relate or FEEL anything from him. Young or old, regarless viewers should be able to *get the message*. I doubt if AL doesn't have some growth in his ability to ACT the show will suffer.

ED sound way too smart assed IMO, however ED is a smart ass, the difference I hear is Ed's characteristics like : Quirkyness *if it's even is a word*, Genius *he always talked like he knew what he was saying* and Love towards his brother (without sounding so condensending). Ed like all characters grow and become more mature as time continues, however I just "feel" it.

As far as time goes, well, I for one don't like being kicked in the head by a donkey, so I'm not going to view it and endure the pain. I watch to be entertained, not to see where my endurance level is for pain. There are great dubs and bad dubs. Emotion is important and I just don't feel it. (that is a fact)