View Single Post
Old 2011-06-22, 17:51   Link #57
solomon

I don't know if it's necessarily "no-benefit". The benefit is fun and entertainment.

Still Ledgem does have a point. About pushing constant hours into an anime or game hobby. You can loose a certain well rounded-ness, unfortunetly I am still dealing with that. I'm no otaku or hikkikomori by a long shot, but I find that I need to rekindle other interests, reading, sightseeing, history, martial arts (if I had the money, damn membership fees!) especially now that anime's luster has faded for me.

I do think there is a difference between the two though. Anime by and large is in weekly bite-size chunks and unless you are SUPER OPEN MINDED or a blogger, I doubt many people are watching EVERY anime show aired each season. (I'd go nuts).

Games are more like perpetual movies, (especially now with the cinematic tendencies they have) you work and work at em, it becomes a cycle.

================================================== =

On the broader topic.

It's easy to say "ahh they dont make no good shit no mo", but that's simplistic. I can attest that I'm not on the moe wagon therefore my tolerance for some shows has waned considerably since I was a lad.

What's more with the death of the original OAV, you don't get a lot of those experimental works that tickled the belly of the young art student in me anymore. It's just a foriegn sub-group of TV/Movies. Not the nirvana of the animated medium like I thought it was, that's what I realized.
solomon is offline   Reply With Quote