View Single Post
Old 2011-05-29, 20:12   Link #47
Pocari_Sweat
<em style="color:#808080;">Disabled By Request</em>

Send a message via AIM to Pocari_Sweat Send a message via MSN to Pocari_Sweat
Spoiler for True Tears and Hanasaku Iroha comparison:

However, as we are still early in the series, it is difficult to say whether we will get the same conclusion as True Tears because it is obvious that the director and writer are both playing around with the relationship game to keep viewers on their feet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo View Post
Leave out the stupid humour of the management consultant and the novelist, though, please.
Agreed. I don't want no "Sunohara" in my animu, let alone two One of the reasons that I can't rate this episode a 10 because I find those two so annoying that I'm finding it hard to ignore them... and it's not like I enjoy hating them either, unlike say Kyuubey. This is alongside some nitpicky issues I had with this episode but it isn't really worth mentioning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haak View Post
Everything was perfect except Ko getting royally screwed over. I don't even know if there was a misunderstanding or not, but Ko's pensive expression makes me think he's starting to doubt his relationship with Ohana. Please don't give up Ko. For the love of God if the writers keep screwing around with him I'm going to throw such a shitstorm like you've never se-WHAT THE FUCK DO YOU THINK YOU'RE DOING IN THAT PREVIEW, TOHRU?!?!

*Is loading the gun*
I'm very sorry, but despite me feeling sorry for you, I also can't help but also enjoy your torment . My apologies I have a feeling that the director and Okada got the reaction she wanted and probably has a massive trollface at the moment

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reckoner View Post
I don't know. I didn't hate the episode of course, I gave it an 8/10, but the reason I didn't rate it any higher is because I felt the episode was a tiny bit awkwardly composed?

The whole Ko subplot just feels too thrown in there. Not only that, but it seems its trolling the audience. I never like trolling.

I don't know though. I was entertained, but I'd be lying if I didn't say that I was a little underwhelmed?

Well supposedly next episode is supposed to be good as well.

At this rate, I might be supporting some love triangle drama to spice up this show a bit.
I can understand this predicament. Not everyone enjoys the whole "relationship conflict" which can leave an underwhelming feeling. Heck, I dislike it most of my anime because love trianges/rectangles/pentagons etc are usually handled very poorly. Although it just may be Okada bias for me, I do feel she does it -much- better than most anime writers.

As for the relationship trolling... I'm fairly sure that this was planned and intended. As mentioned above, both the director and Okada have their trollfaces on atm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roger Rambo View Post
I'm actually seeing a comparison to Super Dimensional Fortress Macross of all things!

Ohana/Hikaru Ichijo: A young, inexperienced person starting a job that brings about a new chapter in their lives.

Tohru/Misa Hayase: A seemingly gruff and callous coworker for Ohana/Hikaru, whom they dislike initially, but turns out to have a much softer side. Interact with the main character meaningfully on a regular basis under working conditions, growing closer.

Ko/Lynn Minmei: The childish romance interest of the Main character, from before they took on their new maturing career, which has substantially limited meaningful contact with each other. They slowly start drifting apart despite strong initial connection.
You know, as a fan of the original Macross series, I can't help but laugh at how -somewhat- right you are, despite being somewhat of a ridiculous comparison . It did however, take Macross MANY episodes for the change in character perceptions amongst each other. But then again, this was an era where "3 or 4" cour length animes were the norm.

Last edited by Pocari_Sweat; 2011-05-29 at 20:30.