View Single Post
Old 2012-10-13, 09:29   Link #2146
justpassingby

You're using the wrong word. It's more like "Hallucinating" then "Dense". Thank You Carl Jung and his pals.

And since no one is actually helping Juubei, I hated them all. In fact, if we look from other perspective, Yoshiharu and Nobuna can be the "dense" for not telling her the truth.

Her words in the cave won me over. She admitted to him that "She can't see things clearly when she engrossed in something", "She's easily cheated by people and can't read the atmosphere that she'll be piling failures from now on", and she asked him to guide her in case she's turning into a bad girl. But Yoshiharu thought Juubei was making fun of him with the "72 Ways of Making Fun of People" v4p171-172

And of course, the most powerful words were her question to the Heaven, and "Yoshiharu....Mou Yume no Sekai he Modori takunai desu ka? Sore tomo.....mada, yume no sekai de ganbarimasuka?". IMO, parts of Juubei is still dreaming in that cave for Yoshiharu, and other parts stuck at Kiyomizu Temple for Nobuna, and no one actually knew why.

Juubei even refused Nobuna's reward (Sakamoto Castle), saying the credit should go to Yoshiharu for his valor during the Retreat of Kanegasaki. She's not a someone that craze for glory like the audio drama portrayed. v4p281

One of the things that Nobuna said that makes her my least favorite is that She doesn't care what other people would say, She will give the entire Nation to Juubei, and she's okay to be a wife to someone without a fame like Yoshiharu. v8p94
Even after Juubei refused to be her successor in vol 4, and vol 7 and would follow her to the end. The fall of Nobuna means the crumble of Juubei's dreams v7196-197. Nobuna should have marry him earlier if she doesn't care about what people are going to say. She's prolonging her, Yoshiharu, and Juubei's sufferings.
Nobuna is more like a damsel in distress, waiting her shining prince to save her. This made her role is just to be there, and her fate is hanging on Yoshiharu and Juubei.
The saddest part in Yoshikawa-sensei novel was when Nobunaga said this in his death, "Ahh, Mitsuhide. Will you not be following me in few days "

I don't want Juubei to be turned into a lame antagonist like Konoe in the anime original end, after all she did for Nobuna. I still place some hope that "Pick all the fruits" actually means Kinkan (Kumquat).

Also, having a prior knowledge about theories of Mitsuhide's treachery make me want to support her more.
Perhaps Mikage should introduce Toshimitsu Saitou as Mitsuhide's love interest in her own Side Story, and secluded her from the main story?
2ch said in the short story, Yoshiharu did consider Juubei's feelings, but it still in "Proof, or it didn't happen" for me. Hoping someone can purchase the short stories, and shade some light here.

Edit:
@rantaid. Why does it feel like we're old fags not suitable for this kind of romance story XD

Last edited by justpassingby; 2012-10-13 at 11:06.
justpassingby is offline   Reply With Quote