View Single Post
Old 2010-04-25, 17:51   Link #9214
luckyssol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marion View Post
Honestly, I don't think it needs to be revealed in text. Whether it be said in red or even by Rudolf. I mean because seriously can we just not conclude the most logical answer -- there are so many hints that Kyrie is his mother that it isn't funny. In EP 6 she even says her and Asumu were in the exact same hospital when delivering, IIRC.
Yeah, I would bet that Battler’s real mom in Kyrie. That’s why I put it in my theory back when I wrote it.

However, I don’t think we conclude it yet since Natsuhi is still a possible candidate.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oliver View Post
  • Two entrances into the mansion aboveground lead to the courtyard, both non locking, and one from the underground boiler room. Otherwise, leaving the boiler room and ending up in the courtyard, there would be no way Battler would be confused which door to take. It is never mentioned where each of the two entrances go. The text does not actually say if the courtyard boiler room door has a lock or not, though, just that the aboveground courtyard doors do not.
Here is the relevant text from the game:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Episode 1
<scene: They just found Kanon and are inside the boiler room>
Battler: “Natsuhi oba-san, where does that door go?!”
Natsuhi: “G, Genji! Where does that door lead to?!”
Genji: “...The, the courtyard!”

“The courtyard of the mansion had been built strictly for lighting purposes, so it wasn’t a very elegant place. Because it was surrounded on all sides, the air was calm and completely undisturbed, even though they could hear the sound of strong winds...”

“...Furthermore, there were two entrances into the mansion from the courtyard, and neither of them were locked. Because the courtyard couldn’t be entered from outside the mansion, the doors had been built without locks.

“...He didn’t know which one they had left through! He had to give up. Battler pounded the wall with his fist swearing...”
Is there a reason why we should question whether or not the boiler room door which connects to the courtyard has a lock?

The dialog quoted above suggests that there is no need to place a lock on any of the doors connecting to the courtyard.
Quote:
Originally Posted by LyricalAura View Post
  • Eva's body was found lying face-up on the bed with her shoes still on, which contradicts the prior scene showing Eva and Hideyoshi having an intimate moment in bed. This strongly suggests that she was actually outside the room when she was killed, and that she was carried back and posed.
I agree that they could have been killed outside the room even though the red truth exists:
Both were killed by another person! It is not the case that, after the construction of the closed room, one of them committed suicide after committing murder! Furthermore, the murder was carried out with both the victim and the perpetrator in the same room! No method exists for the perpetrator to commit murder from outside the room!
I think that this red truth is just denying the possibility of firing some kind of weapon through a crack in the door when it is partially opened but the chain is still set.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jan-Poo View Post
If the lack of portrait is an issue, then even Asumu and Kinzo's wife are out
Since Asumu is supposed to be dead in 1986 and the game takes place during 1986 I think it would be a larger issue if Asumu did have a portrait.

There's always the possibility that Asumu does have a portrait already...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jan-Poo
真里亜は死んでなかった! みんなは生きている!
What happened to the link to your epitaph solution?