Thread: Licensed Reideen
View Single Post
Old 2007-01-31, 16:07   Link #22
BluWacky
尻の竜

Well, that was... boring. Whoever thought that it was a good idea to conduct all the mecha battles in veeeery slooooow mooooootion poor quality CG was an idiot and should be fired (yes, that's probably the director!). Otherwise, it's mostly a very inoffensive yet rather uninteresting "mysterious mecha" show with nice character designs, decent animation and good music; the script, unfortunately, is as dry as Tutankhaman's umbrella (hey, it's just like a manga! I've never heard THAT line before!) and the episode fails to introduce ANYTHING interesting or unpredictable.

Given that RahXephon rips off the original Rydeen/Reideen/whatever, at least it managed to introduce all three main characters and generate an intriguing, mysterious atmosphere in the first episode as well as having all the good things that Reideen has (and seriously, how much like Ayato does Saiga look?).

I'll probably still watch the second episode just for an OP/ED, but I can't say I'm particularly interested in any more of Reideen.

Roll on Seirei no Moribito!
BluWacky is offline   Reply With Quote