View Single Post
Old 2013-01-16, 15:39   Link #877
Reckoner
Bittersweet Distractor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westlo View Post
So if SSY was always going to be a series that was going to struggle to sell and they offered nothing extra to entice people... don't know why anyone should be dismayed or surprised @ these results.... isn't it getting a complete adaptation anyway? It's not like SSY is a Baccano where only... 5 (series covered 4, think the OVAs did another) out of a heap of books was animated and we'll never know what happens afterwards because of low sales. And speaking of Baccano... I'm really surprised that DRR hasn't been green lit for a second season by Aniplex..., thanks to fujoshis that was a smash hit unlike Baccano.. surely enough material is out for a second... and unlike Haruhi's author it's not like Narita takes years to write shit.
I am not surprised, however, I am dismayed. Like extra features to entice people into buying something is nice, but anime is not just a collectible item in Japan. It's a way of paying support to the creators in a tangible manner, which just says "please make more of this stuff." Sure A-1 probably could have hassled to put in more effort by improving the animation in scenes or giving nice extras, but I presume they thought it was not even worth the effort since it just never was going to sell. That's what depresses me here, that something so creative and imaginative... Something so great cannot achieve success because it is not a 2chan fad of some sort.
Reckoner is offline   Reply With Quote