View Single Post
Old 2007-03-23, 22:15   Link #44

I seem to misunderstand the entire basis of this topic's argument. If "all your jutsus are useless against these eyes," then the implication is that all jutsu is useless because the nature of the Sharingan is to counter/copy jutsu. If this is true, then it wouldn't matter who Sasuke learned jutsu from, including Kakashi, because Itachi would counter all of Sasuke's and possibly vice versa.

That being said Sasuke left to train with Oro to gain power, power doesn't necessarily mean jutsu. I believe what Sasuke told Naruto was that he left in order to cut bonds and learn hate. I don't believe anyone in Konoha could have trained Sasuke in this area better than Oro. How exactly does one learn to use the Sharingan? I'm guessing through practice, not only learning jutsu, but their counters as well. Kakashi may know a thousand jutsu, but considering Oro's objectives I'd bet Oro knows even more. So once again Oro appears to be the better choice.

And if the secret to fighting a Sharingan user is as Chiyo says is numbers or as Gai has implied taijutsu, then perhaps Oro's training of Sasuke's body was a better choice than learning to open gates from Gai which has negative affects on the body. As many have pointed out is seems that Sasuke has gained CS2 without any detriment to himself, unlike Naruto's training with Kyubi's chakra and FRS. After all it was said that Sharingan could copy Lee's taijutsu, but Sasuke's stamina couldn't match Lee's speed. Further evidence is that despite Sharingan Sasuke couldn't see the movements of Kyubi's chakra, therefore it seems possible that someone can out maneuver the Sharingan provided they are fast enough. Of course now that Sasuke can see Kyubi himself, it doesn't bold well for Naruto as he may have the stamina, but not the speed....

Therefore if Sasuke's stamina exceeds Itachi's then perhaps Sasuke can defeat Itachi after all. Also, Sasuke's repetition of Itachi's statement was only learned from that encounter with Oro. If Sasuke believed prior to the soul transfer jutsu that he could defeat Itachi with jutsu and only now realized that learning Oro's jutsu was indeed useless, then it may have feed his will to take over Oro's dimension because he truly couldn't learn anymore from Oro. I'm sure that if the soul transfer had been successful Susuke's body could have been trained even further in regards to stamina, but at that moment Sasuke had to choose (or forced) his freedom.

Last edited by AvatarAlpha; 2007-03-23 at 22:53. Reason: Others are posting spoiler info, so I removed the spoiler tags. Some grammar.
AvatarAlpha is offline   Reply With Quote