View Single Post
Old 2012-01-25, 19:46   Link #27305
Toku

Quote:
Originally Posted by AuraTwilight View Post
But you're effectively saying she is, because she doesn't have any of the capabilities she was told she has, under your theory. How the hell would Erika not notice and complain? You're trying to bandaid a huge plothole but what you're proposing doesn't make any sense.
You guys seem to think that just because the answer is not spoon-fed, reasoning is impossible. Therefore, Erika, whose perspective does not reach the level of Red Truth (even though it actually is still reliable), is obviously being tricked. She is not capable of fighting in a fair game against a witch. The witches are just cruelly taunting her, for no other reason than to alleviate their boredom.

That is not necessarily true. In fact, I believe it is largely wrong.

Humans were never told that their truths are correct. Does that mean they are being cruelly tricked? No. They can go around and experience the world with their senses, and decide what is the truth for themselves. Even so, their senses are not at the level of Red Truth.

That is how it is with Erika's Piece in the Mystery side of the story, according to my theory.

In the end, what we are all looking for in this story is "an answer we can be satisfied with." Whether Ryukishi gives us this answer or not, it doesn't change that this is our objective. And it doesn't change the fact that we are capable of reaching this objective. I believe I will reach that objective, myself. Do you?
Toku is offline   Reply With Quote