View Single Post
Old 2011-02-09, 19:41   Link #285
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader

Finally readed Ch. 19, i don't find anything wrong with Shante's intentions, she was trying to giving advice to Vivio about her natural weaknesses, after all, Shante did recognize Vivio's strenght but find her magic type and personality unsuited for close combat, her execution and attitude towards the issue is what bothers me and the twins xDU. She's a little bit pretentious about "teaching" Vivio an important lesson. As Deed let her know, Vivio is a smart girl perfectly aware of said weaknesses(after all she was beaten by Einhart ...twice) and despite said weaknesses she wants to achieve prowess with the Strike Arts because she like it(important lesson here: you don't need to necessary follow a path just because you're better suited for it).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanya01 View Post
If you're in a tournament, play to win.

Otherwise you waste your time.

At least, that's the attitude amongst people who take this stuff seriously.
Honestly i find said attitude quite annoying, one thing is take your way on the tornament seriously, you have worked hard on your skills and expect to achieve the best result, understandable and cool to a degree. But another entirely different thing is try to discourage someone not as serious as you, probably they have their own goals to achieve, probably they're not so interested on the trophy but more on the experience or probably they just have a cheerfull attitude towards things. The infamous "stop having fun guys" who chastises people for, you know, enjoying an activity, are annoying as hell.

I'm pretty sure that Vivion won't end being champ this time but at least i hope she manage to beat a tough opponent and surprises everyone(as things are going on Miura seems to fit the criteria, all this time people was lampshading how good she is and is about to face Vivio, so yeah).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin_Brett View Post
Or is this going to turn out like the Karate Kid, with every trainer other than Nove encouraging their pupils toward murder?
...it would be really cool to see Nove scarring the hell out of an evil sensei in a cool "Mr. Miyagi" fashion xD.

...9 years ago, the day after never would be the same

~The ASFB~
Akiyoshi is offline   Reply With Quote