View Single Post
Old 2013-01-12, 01:13   Link #100
Traece
:cool:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GenjiChan View Post
No problem if it's declared as Ecchi in the first place. If it isn't then there is a problem. HighSchool of the Dead is Ecchi.. and Strike Witches is Ecchi? I doubt it... But they add fanservice.. so thats a problem... It should've been prewarned

Again, it doesn't excuse a series where in the ecchi is too much already and an obstruction to the fight scenes. Like they say... You have been warn...
I sort of agree here. It's one thing for the fanservice to be done to an extreme for the sake of comedy in an almost parody fashion. When fanservice is done so excessively that it seems like they're making fun of other anime, it's funny.

But with Highschool of the Dead, and with that scene, it's just too much still. Even though there are scenes where the fanservice is clearly supposed to be more for humor, it still feels like too much. The way they animate the breasts bouncing around the bullet and such is just overkill. It's funny, but it stops being funny when they've tried so very hard. With that gif, I got to a: "I'm sorry, but that's just stupid," point. There has to be some moderation even if you're going for hilarious-level fanservice. At least have the fanservice be animated tastefully!