View Single Post
Old 2009-08-07, 10:36   Link #37
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

I understand little of commerce but Lawrence's speech about Horo and pushing the cart stuck in the rain was painfully beautiful.

As for the cliffhanger ending... goddammit Lawrence apparently wasn;t crazy prepared enough for this. He needs to take a level in badass pretty quickly if he's going to win.

To those calling Amati impulsive and overly emotional... Yeah he's sort of all of that, byt most of all, he's naive.

Mark's speech was excellent. I've always had this idea that while Lawrence does place such a high value on his relationship with Horo, being a travelling merchant he is described by Mark as someone who is unable to look at people beyond mere partners. His speech probably helped put Lawrence's mind into perspective: that he preached of Horo being cargo beyond value and compare, he doesn't truly know what this value of hers mean to him.

Mark got it completely right, Lawrence never realized just how much effort he's been putting into protecting her because he's always been looking at her, and his own business associates, as partners in commerce rather than friends. And now that she's gone, as the cliche goes, only now he ralizes what he has and what he's done when she isn't around.

"What are you to me?" "What am I to you?", as Horo asked previously. Personally Lawrence should have asked himself that very same question the moment she popped it but, as I've said before, as a travelling merchant he always puts people at a distance.

This is is biggest fault. Always had been. I've been noticing this since about nearing the end of season 1 but I always thought that's the way he operated, until this season which really puts the way he terats people into the center stage.

But maybe now, he knows. Took one season + 5 for him to realize, but I'm expecting a big change in his perceptions.

As for this episode not having enough Horo... well...

This is all the Horo I need.