View Single Post
Old 2013-02-05, 15:33   Link #111
Dextro
He Without a Title

Spoiler for votes:

Clannad! Clannad! Clannad!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Team Rocket Elite View Post
The first match day gives us our first look at how the year will go. First off Chuunibyou characters come out swinging. Dekomori and Shinka come out looking way better than they did during the exhibition matches. This much closer to where I originally expected them to be. My expectations for Kumin and Touka were based off what Shinka and Dekomori did so both of them did a lot better than my stats said they would. Even so, I'm surprised at how strong Touka is. She might be stronger than Dekomori and currently looks like she'll make the main tournament easily.

Sakurasou character also do really well. Nanami didn't look too good in exhibition and my expectations for Mashiro were already fairly high. Mashiro smashed what I thought she would do against Shinobu with ease.

The Little Busters also seem to do better. Rin and Kud look to be regular season midcarders right now. It's disappointing if you expected them to make a run at the post season but where they are isn't too bad. They might still got stronger later on.

While some characters do good, others don't. For a while, I've been wondering how well Yuuhi would do if she ever came back. Shana, Taiga and Louise all seemed to keep their strength for years and years even without new material and I was interested if Yuuhi could do it too. I was happy to see that she had a chance at another match. Unfortunately, she got paired with Shana and naturally got completely crushed. It also eliminates her from the tournament leaving me with no reliable data at all. I guess I'll just have to wait for her next official match whenever that is.

Kawasumi Mai is one of my favourite characters and gets destroyed out there. Kanon's time has long since past. Getting paired with a Clannad character probably didn't help. I'll need to see how well Tsukimiya Ayu does to figure out how much of this is from Mai falling even farther and how much was due to Kotomi.

Unlike the previous two, Nanoha doesn't have an excuse for her performance. She doesn't do much better than Ayumu and Ayumu has seen better days in the past. Like Kanon, Nanoha's power just seems to fade more and more over time.

After looking good in several exhibition matches Toujou Koneko's performance here was a bit lackluster. Only beating Kotegawa Yui by a bit is a lot worse than I thought she would do. Maybe her previous performances were just a fluke?

These are my thoughts for the first match, let's see how the other half does next time.
Where are you seeing the results? I can't seem to find any yet.