Thread: Bleach Q&A
View Single Post
Old 2011-01-10, 15:28   Link #2287
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Quote:
another 2 questions concerning Shunsui's shikai :
1) the shadow game - basically as long as you're casting a shadow - it is vulnerable to manipulation by your opponent .. but the opposite is also true .. but what about if you're casting it from the air - it is possible, sun is behind you, you're casting a big one on the ground, but you yourself are in the air and not actually touching it per se .. does it work then ? or do you have to be on the ground and it actually has to start from your feet ? I assume the latter

2) the color game - regardless of who called the color - the 'calculation' of damage is done based on the colors of the one who is striking (not the one who named the color) ?
.. as an example - in the end, after black was called, if Starrk managed to dodge and hit Shunsui while 'black' was still active - would it be the same fatal strike, because Shunsui (who called the color) had all black or it would've been fairly minor damage, because Starrk himself had little black (but balanced by the fact that he could strike at any area) ? I assume the latter again
1) I take this ability as a shadow union, i.e. use each other's shadow to "touch" your opponent, much like in the similar child's game (except in this occasion they strike to kill).
2) Not familiar with this game, but I assume that each "call" lasts for only one strike, then the other one has to call a colour before striking in response.
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote