View Single Post
Old 2012-03-12, 17:12   Link #38
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by TinyRedLeaf View Post
Unless, of course, you're claiming that during the time the phenomenon was in effect, there were 31 students, with one name disappearing from the roster once the year is over. Which is possible, I suppose, but it doesn't gel with what I think is supposed to be official number of students in each class, as the school's history seems to suggest.
Yes! That's exactly what I'm saying. Mami's name is not on the roster anymore and there is no blank spot as far as I can tell, so the number was decreased when she was erased at the end of the year.

Actually, now that I think about it, what you're saying fits perfectly. There are 30 desks and 30 students each year, so when an extra 31 student comes in, they are short one desk (listen to Misaki's explanation in episode 5, there is a desk and even books missing when there is an extra student among them). Unfortunately, that doesn't explain why they started to freak out when Kouichi was added in, since the number of desks should have been right...

Quote:
Originally Posted by totoum View Post
There's 30 names in the roster chikibi shows Kouichi and Mei in episode 7 , so you can assume 30 + 1 .

Episode 5 Kouichi hands this over to Mei
Now that last name is only partialy viewable but haguruma provided us with the roster that confirms what you can see on the screenshot
Double thanks. So they were 30 that year too...

Please note that Kouichi's name is at the very bottom of the list, so he might have been added at a later time. Whoever edited the list simply didn't bother to change the date.