View Single Post
Old 2013-03-17, 22:14   Link #84
Dawnstorm

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuromitsu View Post
He's in Tokyo because that's where his presence and brains are most urgently required. Obviously he had spies around the temple from whom he had learned what Saki & Satoru (and Kiroumaru) were up to. The kid is Squealer's ultimate weapon. Without him, the humans can finish their whole army once they recovered from the initial shock. It's a situation of utmost importance, one that no general wants to trust a subordinate with.
I was thinking in broader terms. Yakomaru seems selfish, ambitious, ungrateful etc., and I wonder to what extent and why. I wonder what makes him tick. He feels like the sort of character who's been kicked around so much that he just doesn't care about anyone or anything but himself, but I'm not exactly sure that's all there is to him.

Quote:
Considering that Kiroumaru pretty much laid out all his cards for the two humans, by his free will, saying "well, I didn't really want to tell you this but there's no point in hiding it now"... He could've made up a lie about why he had come to Tokyo before, but he didn't.
What can I say? Suspicious minds, heh. I tend to always think there's more than we see. Often there isn't. Here, being honest about the past is not the same as being honest about the present situation, especially if he hates Yakomaru. For example, "Yakomaru is just trying to track us," might come over better than "Yakomaru's going to tell you things that will confuse you, and you'll fall for him yet again, so you better not listen to what he has to say, even if it's the truth, because you can't afford to be distracted right now."