View Single Post
Old 2006-05-25, 17:34   Link #84
LytHka
Banned

What skills? All you need to *have* is a fast line, all you need to *follow* is uguu.org's guide on how to set-up Share and Winny and all you need to do is to *browse* sites like ANN and anidb, *copy* the Japanese title of the show, *paste* it into Winny and search when the RAWs air! I don't call these skills.

May I add... RAW providing as a job only existed because RAWs were either too expensive (DVDs, LDs) or because only a few were lucky enough to get access to shinbiro and other sources. When Winny and later Share came, RAW providing existed as long as RAW providers kept their two sources secret. I remember the time when kj1980 was on this forum preaching to us that Winny's author never intended us gaijins to leech from it. It was around then that a few people who knew about Winny started spamming this place with the guide on how to set it up. It was done out of spite. Basically, RAW providing existed as long as RAW providers kept their mouths shut. That is no longer. I'm convinced that both of these P2P programs have an English wikipedia article.
LytHka is offline   Reply With Quote