View Single Post
Old 2008-06-19, 10:04   Link #30
withered_joy
虫酸が走るわ!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lmd_84 View Post
(famous it might be, but could you translate please "mushizu ga hashiru wa" for me? I know what its getting at, in context, but I'd like to know what it means. )

In~teresting. I didn't consider that Brew needed to be controlled so much as set off like a bomb or the like, so Kid's abilities wouldn't have come into it.

Assuming you're correct, perhaps Shinigami doesn't intend Brew to be used; I'm thinking some sort of trade of weapons or information we're not privy to yet, much like Medusa's already done, but it would seem an awful long shot if Shibusen is already losing out to Arachnophobia's own arsenal.

I'm not going to argue that Kid could take out Mosquito on his own. If he could have, he would have done so before; the kids got mullered in their last encounter.

However, one point which interests me about Kid's background is that so far we've only really seen him fight using weapons. Other, different/shinigami-ish abilities have been limited to summoning his father in ep3, his skateboard, and outmanoeuvring Black Star in their second fight.

And yet, the point we're consistently reminded of is that Kid is, in the scheme of things, a god, a position which implies a greater and different power from that of his fellow students. What are we supposed to draw from this? That Kid hasn't yet shown us what he's capable of, or that his advantage is mainly down to sheer physical strength? I think that to an extent the former is still likely, if only because the one thing we've seen Shinigami do that Kid hasn't is effectively attack an enemy (Asura) without a Weapon.

That fight was down to power of a different kind than that provided by the Demon Weapons, and involved individual ability on a level we hadn't seen and haven't seen since between non-human characters.

If Kid's as much a Shinigami as we're told, I think - and I could be wrong - that it would stand to reason that he could possess the same abilities as his father....what ever his father might be, and how a personification of Death got a child (sorry, but this one will bug me until we're given an answer).
Since someone already mentioned what "Mushizu ga hashiru" means, yeah. It's just an idiom, and in literal sense it means "my stomach acid is running". I think.

I always assumed that kid is holding back since he doesn't seem to fight seriously enough (serious = scary face he made when he fought with B*S Round 2) and is still too easily distracted with his OCD stuff (I am quite convinced that if he really became serious he wouldn't go OTZ over being unable to attack something with perfect symmetry). But he thought to beat Moustique-guy on his own is difficult himself so that's where I sort of grasp an idea about the scope of his abilities. I know moustique-dude is actually quite strong despite the unappealing appearance but yeah. I also assumed that one needs to be at least on his level if one wants to control Brew, but maybe Brew doesn't need to be controlled? Bah, I don't know.

Anyhow, something always irked me too about Kid. A witch's soul is worth a lot but how much is a GOD's soul worth? And does a god's soul seem tasty for those who are soul-hungry? LoL . Maybe Asura would want a god's soul in his stomach's collection haha.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lmd_84 View Post
Angela's youth and relatively harmlessness was never mentioned
Um... I do recall that B*S never gave Shinigami the chance to inform him about "the problem with Angela". But knowing B*S, I think he decided there wasn't a need to tell him the problem because he won't do something as "small" as taking the soul of a child, witch or not.