Thread: Licensed Eureka Seven: Astral Ocean
View Single Post
Old 2012-05-18, 02:07   Link #963
OceanBlue
Not an expert on things

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
As to the question of Fleur's treatment of Ao, how kind are 14 year-old girls to 12 year-old boys, generally speaking? I don't find that aspect especially unrealistic.

And I do think she was a bit more cordial to him this time - mostly because she could see from the way Bruno's death impacted him that Ao was a good soul. As I've said in my blog posts, I think the situation is uglier than it appears at GenBleu - and it doesn't appear all that pretty. I think the pilots are well aware that there's a kind of charade going on - they pretend to give the kids normal lives, pretend their lives are the top priority - but kids still die. And she probably feels lousy to see Ao getting drawn into that.
It's easy for me to forget their ages when I think about these things. I'm so used to children who are basically adults with slight attitude issues that it's hard to look at it in that perspective .

To be honest, though, I don't think their relationship is really that complex or she was being that considerate. He was obviously tired, and she remarked that he wouldn't be too useful for whatever they were trying to do anyway. I do agree that Generation Bleu is definitely fishy though.

Edit: Of course, that probably won't change how shocked everyone will be if they find out Generation Bleu has been operating with an ulterior motive.
OceanBlue is offline   Reply With Quote