View Single Post
Old 2006-04-01, 04:49   Link #3
Keitarou
Ninja

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowplay
Probably Fall or Winter season. NHK is my favorite manga atm, even though I doubt anime will be as good can't wait to see it.
Yeah, no definite date so far anywhere to find but I think a late fall release would be most likely, like shadowplay suggested. :)

It's also my most favourite manga currently. It beats any other comedy I've seen so far, it's by far more hectic than Sukuran, the otaku related stuff isn't as lax as in Genshiken and it does actually go out to show the whole thing in a negative context and not in an unlikely happy-go-lucky way. The drama level is also quite high but what I like the most are the characters. All of them are in a way or other broken down freaks but you just have to like them and their attempts to change something, though it mostly only backfires to make everything even worse.

And also here I wonder whether they'll actually animate all of the manga's stuff. There are a few scenes scattered over the first volume which are somewhat over the top. But then again it'll air late in the night anyway so I guess (or rather hope) they can just make it a 1:1 conversion. :)

Anyway, that's the anime I was looking for the most this year (until the recent Kanon remake announcement) and I hope they'll be able to capture the highlights of the manga which make that one outstanding in its category.

Oh and if I may wish for a next comedy manga conversion, it would be Hayate no Gotoku! (Hayate the Combat Butler) or alternatively Soldier of Wishful Thinking. :D

*edit

By the way, nice signature you have there, Shiryuu. Kotona wins. :)
Keitarou is offline   Reply With Quote