Old 2010-04-23, 11:04   Link #8742
Oliver
Back off, I'm a scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jan-Poo View Post
However she's dead
confirmed before that event.
Well, yes she is, however...
  • It does not necessarily mean she died right there and then, and could have done a lot of other interesting things -- the red only says she is dead now. As I mentioned previously, there is no certainty about whether the scene with Kinzo and Beatrice in 1967 happened before or after Rosa's story.
  • If personality/piece death rules are assumed, it may mean that the personality of Beatrice the Golden Witch artificially created by Kinzo in that body is dead, which doesn't stop her from being active now.

It's definitely nothing simple.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jan-Poo View Post
And there's also the fact that George, even being a 23 years old young man, is still treated like a child for the most part, that makes me think that Eva could have still perceived herself as "small" when she used to play with Rosa.
But he is consistently referred to as an adult whenever it is convenient and definitely doesn't express any kind of dreams about an ocean of jelly, or toy cars for that matter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluemail View Post
Rosa might have lied (if she was in on the plot of creating the illusion of a witch) or remembered wrong (a lot) though.
My current best guess is that Rosa's truthful about this meeting actually having occurred in the past, but actually compresses her first and last meetings with Beatrice-2 into a single story. There was a lot more between those two.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluemail View Post
But the murder of Rosa and Maria is difficult to explain with anyone but her, probably in the way you described.
There's actually two variants. One where Rosa strangles Maria and Eva kills Rosa. Another is where Maria kills Rosa by pushing her and Eva strangles Maria.

These are actually not identical because it means a different person getting called a witch by Eva a scene later.

This link has been determined hazardous for the spoiler averse
by the Department of Education.
(updated 2010-08-24)
Oliver is offline   Reply With Quote