View Single Post
Old 2007-12-02, 16:43   Link #737
MaxwellDemon
"Bi?!" BI?!
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathkillz View Post
gin sama didnt deserve being "pitied" on, even though what you said about shinku regarding the alice dolls as being perfect is indeed true (and makes sense).

because this is in the past, we have yet to see how shinku develops to be more considerate, which is a flaw in her character (rude, and snobby like most oujo sama types).
So, what are you trying to say here? You want Shinku to be nice and considerate to all dolls and Jun through out the series?

Unfortunately, Shinku being "rude and snobby", even if her main personality traits are no longer that as shown in serious episodes, is part of the humor of Rozen Maiden. It is almost like a running gag. So, unfortunately, despite of how much character development Shinku gets, that "snobby and rude" trait she has for her "servants" will never go away as the creator probably don't want to kill off one of the things used for humor yet.

I mean, we all jokingly tease our friends in a casual situation. Does that mean part of our personality is arrogant? XD

Quote:
she was being caring i agree, but she also lied. perhaps that was a lie needed to get gin sama onto her feet but she then did the horrible thing of "disappearing". what do you suspect would happened to gin sama when she wakes up the next day and shinku (her only friend and person who gave her hope) had left without a trace?

shinku may think that she is doing the caring thing by leaving gin sama with that kid...but imo she made another huge mistake. she knows how obssessed gin sama is towards rozen because really...rozen is the sole reason she exists, i duno how shinku could think that everything would be all right if she just abandon her.

the right way would be to take with gin sama about the situation - may not be effective but it would have helped ease the pain to follow...
We all agreed here that Shinku messed up huge time, she could have easily avoided the entire hatred and rivalry by doing the right thing. That is so easy for us to say that with foresight though (even though RM would be seriously boring if that rivalry wasn't there ). Let's look at a few reason why Shinku did what she did:
  1. Shinku saw that Suigintou was incomplete. As Lynx had pointed out, she didn't thought Rozen would allow something incomplete to compete for the position of being Alice as Alice, in Shinku's mind, was explained as the girl that reaches the utmost perfection. This eventually lead to her believing that Suigintou was motivated just by her will to meet Rozen and thus did not have a Rosa Mystica (she wasn't wrong in that either, Rozen didn't give Suigintou her Roza Mystica until later in Ouverture).
  2. As you yourself said, Suigintou is obsessed with Rozen and meeting him. Even if Shinku had told her the real situation and how Suigintou probably doesn't have a Roza Mystica, thus does not qualify for the Alice Game, would Suigintou really listen? The result would either be: 1) Absolutely killing Suigintou's will thus extinguishing her ability to live without the Roza Mystica until she found Rozen later in Ouverture (Shinku had believe Suigintou won't have long before she is "deactivated" due to the lack of a Roza Mystica). 2) A mindless frenzy from Suigintou, which wouldn't go too far with her current status.
  3. Or if Shinku had just simply told Gin about the Alice Game and allow her to partake, that would be cruelty in Shinku's book due to what she believed Suigintou to be, the other dolls to DEMOLISH Gin before going all "WTF?!"... which wouldn't really ease the pain either. If that was the scenario, we'd have Gin fans complaining about how Shinku should had stopped Suigintou from taking part and that she is an evil doll (so, nothing really changes).

Again, it is very easy for us to criticize Shinku because we KNOW what is going to happen. However, if all of us are THAT amazing in judging situation and how they present themselves. I bet a lot of misunderstanding that is created upon our own affairs wouldn't even exist in the first place.

Quote:
yep shinku apologised to gin sama for calling her junk in S2 and rightly so we didnt hear a response, but you have to look to see that being "friendly" isnt part of gin sama's character. she prefers action to words which is why we see gin sama repaying those feelings by saving shinku from bara

then again...its not gin sama's fault that she was betrayed...she should also blame herself for stepping out of the wrong mirror
This part I absolutely agree with.

Just to make myself clear, I don't favor Shinku or Suigintou, they are both very equal (and very high) on my book. Just so I don't sound like very anti-Suigintou because I am defending Shinku's action in Rozen Maiden.