View Single Post
Old 2011-12-26, 11:04   Link #14
xKeir
Upon a wishing Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by itachi-san314 View Post
my understanding is that itachi asked the 3rd and he reluctantly agreed. obviously danzo and most likely the other two elders would never have agreed to it so I chalk it up to the 3rd's kindness. I don't think itachi actually demanded it, but I could be wrong about that
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akashin View Post
Didn't Itachi force the three elders into compliance under threat of revealing the truth of the massacre? I'm pretty sure I recalled that correctly (whether that's canon or fanon is another thing entirely, though, and I don't really remember which it is).
Before the massacre , Itachi asked the 3rd to keep it a Secret. The 3rd agreed.

The 'threaten' part comes in only years later after the Massacre and after Itachi had joined the Akatsuki. Itachi sensed that something was wrong and intentionally made a appearence in Konoha with Kisame on the cover that he was here to kidnap Naruto for the Akatsuki. He wanted the Elders to know that he was still around to keep an eye on Sasuke and warned them that should they try anything he'd expose the secret of the Uchiha Massacre. Remember the fight between Kisame/Itachi VS Kakashi/Gai/Kurenai/Asuma ? It may have appeared as though Itachi had came for Naruto at that time but it was later proven that that wasn't his true intentions for appearing in Konoha. Think about it rationally , Itachi could easily kidnap Naruto with his skills. He didn't have to do it with Jiraiya around. He was there for Sasuke , and was on the pretense of attempting to kidnap Naruto on the Akatsuki's orders as a sound excuse for appearing. I think Danzo mentioned something about it before his death of Itachi's intentions.

Sly itachi is sly :P

Back on Topic -
When talking about justifying against seeking revenge on Konoha i apply Kyrie Ushiromiya's Flip The Chessboard mentality.

So if i were Sasuke i'd follow in his way and 'attempt' to destroy the fuckin village who killed his clan in his opinion. To him Konoha are but a bunch of pretentious peeps who only prospered with the downfall of his clan. Added to the fact that Tobi is always beside him giving him ideas.

It may sound funny , but did anyone watch the movie The Dark Knight [Batman]?

The Joker = Tobi
Harvey Dent = Sasuke

All he needs is a little push. In his eyes since the village is only where it is today by the destruction of the Uchiha Clan he wants the village dead to equal the loss his people faced. The 4 people who came to the decision : Sarutobi , Danzo & the 2 Elders. Sarutobi already died. Danzo was killed by Sasuke. That leaves the 2 Elders. Maybe i got it wrong , but when asked by Hebi and Tobi in a random conversation somewhere in the Anime [i forgot which episode ..] Sasuke said his aim was to kill the 2 village elders after Danzo had died. Tobi den went on to say that if he were to aim for the 2 village elders the underlings aka Konoha would protect the 2 elders. So Sasuke went on to say he will kill everyone who stands in his way.

I'd say those 2 Elders deserve to die if we follow Sasuke's point of view. Even Chiyo had pointed out moments before her death that the old generation of Shinobi and Elders were but a bunch of war-headed fools who were wrong to have thread on the paths they took. The Elders are actually much like Danzo in the sense they prioritize the Leaf before everything else.

Still , rationally speaking killing a ENTIRE village because of a decision made by a bunch of 4 old people is plain crazy. I like how someone above mentioned that Sasuke isn't justified to go after people like Kurenai's unborn son. They shouldn't have to pay for what another had done. Thats actually the same thing Sasuke feels about himself. What makes the Leaf justified to go after the Uchiha Clan just because they are too strong? The Uchiha clan also had young kids and all. But they were deemed too dangerous and got killed.

Its a completely one-sided thing.

On one hand Sasuke in his POV isn't wrong.
However , Humanely speaking thats just insane.

Spoiler for Spoiler from Manga:

So i guess what i'm saying is logically speaking Sasuke is wrong for his warped ideas to destroy Konoha. But i don't wrong him for his decisions personally.

Last edited by xKeir; 2011-12-26 at 11:17.
xKeir is offline   Reply With Quote