View Single Post
Old 2009-11-16, 19:41   Link #53
whitepearl
Dietrich fan #681675

Send a message via AIM to whitepearl Send a message via MSN to whitepearl
Quote:
Originally Posted by coderlan View Post
Is she a beauty? Lucky guy, if she's also kind.
When I look back on it, she was pretty, though not drop-dead gorgeous pretty...but she really won me over by her immense level of kindness. I ended up friendzoning myself with her since at the time I had very few friends and didn't want to lose her as a friend (loser-talk these days but I was much younger—and romantically dumber—back then).

We went to different schools (HS and college) and our friendship began to weaken little by little. There were times I was really bothered by her inability to keep to her word (she always had a knack for canceling last minute) and it happened enough times for me to consider never talking to her again.

But we always ended up seeing each other in the most random of places, usually on the bus or train. We'd engage in small talk, you know, the usual "so how have you been?" kind of stuff. As insignificant as many of these conversations were based on subject matter, it essentially wiped all my negative sentiment I had against her off the board; everything seemingly began anew. How could I even *think* of leaving her out of my life forever?

It's pretty much a given that I have no chance with her romantically anymore; she's gone through her share of boyfriends, which makes me wonder if she just can't find the guy who fits her best.. But even if I cannot be more than just friends with her, it's impossible to discredit ten years of friendship. With other friends that I have not seen or spoken to in some time, that first conversation in a long time is usually slow, stagnant, and rather awkward (both sides just don't know what to talk about). With her, I can go two years without speaking to her but when we just happen to be at the same place at the same time, it's like time had never passed.

(Pat yourselves on the back if you've read this far)

I don't really ponder and contemplate on what ifs when I think about her. If it wasn't meant to be, it probably wasn't meant to be.

Twitter
whitepearl is offline   Reply With Quote