View Single Post
Old 2006-08-12, 00:49   Link #10
Eidolon Sniper
Tsubasa No Kami
*Artist

Send a message via Yahoo to Eidolon Sniper
BEST

ep 1

Why: Athrun could kick as much @$$ as he could without resorting to spambot or plot hole armor technology using a much "inferior" suit in comparison to the Gundam. It shows how Athrun is in some way deserving of the top CE pilot spot more than Kira, because he not only specializes in Gundams, but also inferior suits; a true case of man making the machine.

I forgot which ep...

Why: This was the Break The World ep; it shows how veterans from the last war don't need no Gundams in order to shine. Team Zala (minus Nicol) FTW! As attested by Athrun in the first ep, Yzak and Dearka are quite good pilots on their own right without having to resort to Gundams. It is a fact that is sadly shafted in the succeeding chapters that reflect on Kira and his seeming over dependence on Freedom...

I forgot which ep again...18? 19?

Why: Athrun bitchslaps Shinn and Shinn learns to respect Athrun for who he is, not because he's just some random ace from the last war. Yes, Shinn still needs to be house trained. LOL! Shinn gets a wakeup call from Athrun, and starts to put his mind on the right track a bit (but he's still Shinn; he didn't magically change into somebody else). The beginning of the wonderful teacher mentor relationship of these 2 characters.

ep 27? 28?

Why: Kira learns that "grunts" could also SEED. What a nasty shock he got! Kira learns the hard way that not all "grunts" are easy spambot targets. Shinn definitely makes his own mark against the legendary Kira Yamato as a pilot that could easily outdo him, if he's not careful enough.

ep 34-35?

Why: Even GODS get Freedomed. And it's at par with the Kira Athrun fight in SEED as being the most emotionally charged scene ever. Wait, Shinn wasn't screaming, he was just methodologically dismembering Freedom by calmly requesting Meyrin for Silhouette spare parts to replace the ones Freedom has destroyed...it was Athrun who was screaming... Shinn shows how dedication and perseverance actually makes for something inthe CE universe...and how Kira's overused "aim for the head or random MS limb" tactic almost cost him his life.

I forgot which ep again!

Why: Athrun with all the bandages does not mean Athrun couldn't hold on his own against Legend and Destiny. Athrun's the man that makes the machine.

WORST

ep 13

Why: We suddenly learn that Haros have built-in security technology, that Freedom was, in fact, repaired and intact after the last war, and after concluding that the assassins were "Coordinators" Dully was somehow involved in the Lacus assassination attempt. The re-flight of Freedom looks like more doom is yet to come for the main hero...aside from kicking the new cast out of the spotlight, we get a taste of how Kira and Lacus deal with this nasty situation by deciding to join the war again.

ep 23? 24?

Why: Freedom pwns all again. Whatever logic you have, it still says that Freedom is the best solution for war and its many hated brethren. It was the death knell for all the new cast members, as the old cast members are now pushed back into the spotlight most abruptly. Also, the start of the Kira "no kill policy myth".

ep 34? 35?

Why: Because it killed Shinn's character somewhat. Kira "wasn't 100% focused, didn't want to kill Shinn, etc., etc." goes against Shinn's superb Freedoming of the Freedom. And besides, Kira pulls his plot hole armor into effect again. All of Shinn's good efforts into becoming a respected pilot of the CE all just horribly blown away.

ep 36

Why: Mindraping finally comes to a stunning conclusion. Shinn stabs down the only link he has for a brighter future. Ungrateful Padawan. Thanks to Dully's Sith techniques, and his own Padawan Rey's own techniques, Shinn has finally joined the Dark Side.

I forgot which ep...

Why: All respect I had for the Strike Kira tandem finally goes down the drain. Then, Strike Freedom only made it worse... I mean, where has all the badass Strike Gundam moves gone to?

ep 46

Why: Shopping right before the main battle that would decide the destiny of the entire universe?! Not only is it very inappropriate, it only contributed more to the confusion of what Lacus really is. Yes, Lacus has needs as a girl (I know because I am also a girl like her), but staging a shopping trip to Copernicus is just totally for me. It was a badly executed episode in which Meer and Lacus were to meet; it only made Meer's death very superficial. Maybe that was why Athrun was crying. >.>;;

I forgot which ep again!

Why: Somehow UC and CE gets all mixed up...a Newtype Flash and Super DRAGOONs don't match. -_______-;; Yeah, right. Unless the Super DRAGOONs have psycommu technology...

ep 50

Why: We get a Kira Rey/Athrun Shinn matchup, and the Clyne Faction runs off with the perfect win. Worse. Padawan Rey gets mindraped by Kira and turns traitor to Dully who he adored for the last 49.995 episodes. Athrun easily decimates a crazy/ now revenge obsessed Shinn, and Shinn not fully utilizing the power of Destiny. Also, unless this was proven otherwise, the director has conveniently forgotten about the deuterion beam technology and how Shinn could've easily owned the battlefield if the Minerva "realizes" about it. Then, we get treated to a poor attempt into reconnecting Neo and Mwu and defending the Archangel again from a barrage of antimatter beams only using his bling bling beam mirror coating coated Mobile Suit...>.<;; Now, all the new cast have been virtually eliminated from becoming likable as the CE 4, and the situation made even worse by the Final Plus. Come on, even Sailormoon makes more sense than this...T_____T

Ethereal Exiled Queen. NATCH~~~!!!
Eidolon Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote