View Single Post
Old 2006-09-28, 06:40   Link #104
Sushi-Y
湯音カワユス~
*Scanlator

In any case, I finished vol.9. The spoiler tabs all contain vol.9 contents, so don't read them unless you already read the volume/don't mind.

This volume proved once again why people call Yamaguchi-san the best writer when it comes to tsundere. Louise's tsundere-ism is unparalleled.

Anyway, I agree with (MOON PHASE's) cyan-san when he said that this volume is filled with developments that's going to attract either a lot of positive or negative reviews. Personally, there are a lot of parts that were very fun and entertaining to read. But on the downside, some of the developments really disappointed me.

To be fair, this was a great volume overall, despite the disappointing parts, I really enjoyed it. If the anime covered up to vol.8. This volume would've been perfect as a 2-hour movie (the last portion of the volume would've made a great finale).

The new developments were interesting, mainly because it focused on Saito for once.
Spoiler:

There were quite a few rofl moments in the volume too. Yamaguchi-san's humor at it's best.
Spoiler:

For the most part, the volume's focus remained on Saito's new status and Louise's own feelings. But the last part did push the story forward a bit, with the "enemy" finally making her move again. The thing with Tabitha... well, the development was interesting, but it looks like it'll be a while before we can learn her full story.

Lastly,
Spoiler:

Now then, to the disappointing parts.

To begin with, this is a Louise-centered volume, no doubt about it. The spotlight is on Louise, to a point where the other heroines are practically being shunned. For Louise-fans, this is not a problem. But for fans of other heroines (especially Henrietta), it leaves a bit of a bad aftertaste.
Spoiler:

Now then, the setup for the journey East is complete. But considering Saito's new duties, I wonder if he can make that trip anytime soon... Next volume would be nice.
Sushi-Y is offline   Reply With Quote