View Single Post
Old 2004-04-12, 02:02   Link #252
Sh1ka9on

Send a message via MSN to Sh1ka9on
Well since, we're on the 'FF' topic, and I didn't really feel up to making a whole new thread, being a FF fanatic myself, i'm asking has anyone seen the Trailer/Clip of the up-coming FF12?

I've played all the SE(SS) games except the FM titles and X-2. Anyway, i've finished all of the games i've played including FFTA, KH, Chocobo dungeon, 2, and Chocobo racing, and even the Chocobo mini game on the MiniPS (which is pointless)

Anyway, after surfing around and finally seeing this clip of FF12, is anyone dismally appaled by the entire feel of this up-coming game? We came from WILD adventurers in FF1,2,3,7 'saving the world motto' to FF8, with the 'emotional' motto and then to FF9, 'Teamwork' motto. Then we finally hit the Angle-changer with FFX with a fresh idea of forgetting about heroism and begin to tell a story about the lives of a couple of people and how they plan on solving the meaning of live.

Then we hit the what i call 'Filler FF' which is FF11. I'm addicted but I have no idea why is has the Title as one of the FF series. Maybe a catchy FFO, Final Fantasy Online would be alright, but with POL, it would just sound weird. So why not add a 11! Well that practically makes no sense to me... because now, NOT stopping @ FFXI, they add FFXII. *gasps*... wow.. which surprised me because it is completely RPG. whereas FFXI is, ya know, MMORPG. However, now, we are some little kid fightin' for his life??? What happened to Heroism? Might? More green and less grey! I think slowly, FF will turn much into a dead series. If you think about where it is going, they already have a technological change compared to the good ol' FF7, 8, 9 days.

/em sigh
/wait 2

I mean, i think they should consider the name to be partially important, the 'Fantasy.' I think the game that really HIT the real Fantasy stuff is FF9. They had totally unhuman characters, which aren't "Tifa, Squall, Tidus" We get to control Quina Quen, which is totally fun for someone who is bored with watching the back of someones head half of his life. Fantasy and Future are too very different things.... I really hope SE makes something that impressed me as much as FF7.

Anyway most of this is all My opinion, and i guess this post is totally pointless, just ramblin'
Though, I gotta make it contributive don't I?

umm.... What do You guys think?