View Single Post
Old 2010-11-04, 04:36   Link #18399
Used Can

About the gold, can the siblings even sue for it? I mean, does it even belong to the Ushiromiya family? The story behind the gold has always been that Kinzo borrowed it from Beatrice. So, it doesn't really belong to him. In this regard, you could say none of Kinzo's children have any right over this gold. In fact, not even Kinzo does. This gold wasn't obtained through any legal means, and thus they are not subjected to law (unless you bring it to public knowledge). Thinking about suing anyone about this is basically telling the government "please come take 20 billion yen away from us!". If we were to say this gold belonged to Beatrice Castiglioni, then the only person who can claim that gold would be Yasu/Lion, but I'm sure that wouldn't work on any court either, unless there's any legal documentation that the gold belonged to Beatrice, and I'm sure no such documents exist.

About the Family Headship, that is not subject to legals matters either, I think. Kinzo can appoint whomever he wants as the head. So, if he wants to appoint Yasu/Lion as the head, he can do so, and no one can do anything about it, but to complain amongst themselves.