Thread: Crunchyroll Hunter X Hunter Anime (2011)
View Single Post
Old 2011-10-08, 20:21   Link #248
wisteria233

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toto y Moi View Post
I think the scene with Kite is very likely to be moved to episode 4. Chapters 5-7 were adapted completely differently in the manga, and one of the scenes removed was Gon telling Killua about Kite while they're running the marathon. I think that's probably the perfect opportunity to include his past--it's just like what One Piece did with Luffy's past.

As far as Gon fishing out the Lord of the Lake, pay attention to the dialogue. One of the fishermen states that Gon's been attempting to fish out the Lord of the Lake for an entire week non-stop. And he uses his ingenuity to capture him in this version too. The fish is almost too strong for him, so he creates a pulley using the fishing line and the tree. It's almost the same as it is in the original anime series.

But so far, from episode 1, we see that the 2011 anime is significantly more faithful. Gon's house looks the same as it does in the manga, the character designs are more reminiscent of Togashi's, Mito doesn't say that she's related to Gon's absent mother, the captain of the ship is a drunkard, and the director doesn't have Kurapika and Leorio jump off the ship completely to catch Gon (and then chastise him for doing so, even though they do the exact same thing) like Furuhashi did. And personality wise, I think the characters will be closer to their manga incarnations. When episode 2 airs, I'll make a similar comparison.
actually personality wise the characters in the first adaptation were very similar to their manga counterparts.
wisteria233 is offline   Reply With Quote