View Single Post
Old 2013-02-09, 09:45   Link #5874
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Quote:
Originally Posted by monster View Post
And they won't during peacetime as well.
More fanwanking.

Quote:
We've gone beyond that in SEED.
We haven't really. There is nothing to suggest EA is willing to fire nuclear weapons at someone who can fire them back.

In fact they specifically made a point to show that the conflict between EA and ZAFT was brought to a complete stand still after ZAFT used GENESIS.

Quote:
Then they should've left after their main goal was thwarted. Instead, they went on and occupied Orb anyway.
You're blatantly just not listening to me at all any more...

What did I just say? They had to go on and take control to prevent Kusanagi returning and/or prevent a resistance from forming.

Going on to invade Orb does not mean they think it was worth it in the end. All it means is that now that the damage is done, you simply take any consolation prize you can get.

Quote:
Uh, what? Berlin is part of EA.
No. They were former Eurasian Federation territories that had sided with ZAFT.

Quote:
And like I said, Orb already knows about the EA from SEED.

You're the one who seems to be ignoring the EA's character, that's why I'm using this example for you. What Orb believes is from what happened in SEED.

And that's enough for them to consider not refusing the EA's offer in Destiny.
And like I said, EA attacked Orb in SEED does not prove that EA attacks anything everywhere for reasons I have already stated.

Nor does it prove that Orb can't deter EA after that.

But I'm glad you've finally decided to drop the useless Destroy argument...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Znozzy View Post
Honestly, Orb didnt think they could deter EA back in Seed, they kept sending requests for peace talks, Orb isnt a powerful nation, it does have a small army but thats about it, hell, after the second? day of fighting in Orb, their parliament? blew up their massdriver and anything of interest to the EA so they would leave them alone.
Back in SEED it probably didn't (though I'd like to point out that it successfully deterred ZAFT in SEED and later thought it could deter ZAFT again in SEED Destiny).

But I'm not talking about that instance.
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote